- During a first session, the therapist will ask the client to fill out a medical history and clarify any condition that may affect the client’s health and comfort. It is possible some conditions will require a physician’s permission before proceeding.
- The client and the therapist will discuss the desired outcome of the session. This will determine which parts of the body require massage. A typical full-body session will include work on the back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck and shoulders. The client will not be touched on or near the genitals or breasts (male or female).
- Techniques are traditionally performed with the client unclothed; however, it is entirely up to clients what they want to wear. Clients should undress to their level of comfort. They will be properly draped (covered with a sheet) for warmth, comfort, and privacy during the entire session. Only the area being worked on will be exposed.
- The massage therapist will leave the room while the client undresses, relaxes on the table and covers up with a clean sheet.
- Many massage therapists use a form of Swedish massage, which is often a baseline technique for therapists. In a typical Swedish massage, the session may start with broad, flowing strokes that will help calm the nervous system and relax exterior muscle tension. As the body becomes relaxed, pressure will gradually be increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular tension. Lotion is used to allow muscles to be massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin.
- Clients should communicate immediately if they feel any discomfort so that another approach may be taken. Massage is most effective when the body is not resisting. Therapists are trained to solicit and receive client feedback and are expected to respond to such situations.
- The therapist will either gently move clients or tell them what is needed throughout the session (such as lifting an arm). Many people just close their eyes and completely relax. Others like to talk during the session. They should feel free to ask the therapist questions about massage and bodywork in general or about the particular technique they are receiving.
By far the best massage I've ever had! I have been to four or five different places in New Braunfels and she was definitely the most thorough! Thank you!... Bobby M.
Each massage features warm towels for your feet and neck. Paba-free and mineral oil free lotion available.